I should have given you a reason to stay
Yeh, can do! Du poste ein gong te? Word Count: 339

[html]

He seemed to grasp the concept now, and she smiled at him, trying to be encouraging. He studied the page, and she saw his mouth move in realization before he spoke the word. Nodding, she repeated the word after he had spoken it, pointing at each letter with her nose, as she spoke them. "Right! C-l-o-u-d. Cloud." Then, he presented her with a good question, and she hesitated a moment before responding, searching for the best way to explain. "Well, some of the letters and letter-combinations sound differently depending on what other letters they are put together with. 'C' is almost always pronounced as in 'cloud' when it is the first letter in a word, and in some other places, and sometimes it sounds as in.. " She flipped the pages with her nose, searching for a word she could use. Reaching the page for 'F', she found the word 'face', and continued. ".. such as this one, 'face'. See, there it is, but with a different sound. It's just something you'll have to memorize, really. There are patterns though." Smiling, she hoped she had not complicated it for him. In truth, reading and writing was simple in concept, but she remembered well the confusion and questions when it came to letters meaning different sounds, and combinations she had learned were called diphtongs. Following an impulse, she sat up straight and removed her head from the vicinity of the books and presented him with an offer to learn this properly, and not just right now. "Know what, it really can be quite complicated. If you want, we can meet at my house regularly and I can teach you what I know?" Her voice suggested clearly that it was just a suggestion, and he was free to decline if he wanted to. Her tail moved happily on the ground behind her, and her face was all smiles now. She had not wanted to run into him today, but it felt good to do something fruitful instead of moping around thinking about Lubomir.

[/html]

Messages In This Thread