Clashing Titans
[html]
http://i950.photobucket.com/albums/ad34 ... bott0m.png); background-repeat:no-repeat; padding-bottom:240px; background-position:bottom center; background-color:#252237">
As discussed, I apologize for the lack of clarity in my last post: Jantus was throwing his elbow down towards Jazper's face, rather than onto his hand.

Jantus climbed forward, shifting his posture and pinning one of his foe's giant black arms with a knee. The youth's sword arm was still held down and now the multi-hued alpha had a hand free to do what he would, which, in a serious battle, would probably entail digging at his enemy's neck with his claws unto death. As it was, the other giant started speaking as he was improving his ground position, which gave him plenty of time to register what the words could mean prior doing something he would have regretted. Considering his pinned adversary with his one-eyed gaze, Jantus paused his attack and spoke, raising his hand as a rigid claw into the air, in threat of attack.

"Murderer? Killing in self-defense isn't murder, Souls wolf." He had yet to refer to anyone he'd met here in that fashion, but he did draw distinction between them and those outside. Skoll had described the wolves of Souls as a beleaguered people who were mostly responsible for their own situation: a confused lot who did nothing to protect their packs from rape and murder by outsiders, and yet unified against anyone with the skills to improve the status quo. He'd have described it as a uniquely masochistic society, had Jantus had known that adjective. There was nothing wrong in killing for self-defense. The Snow-Capped Pine would have been unable to hold their territory without that belief.

"You've clearly sniffed around. A roving pack or gang of five against two outsiders, me and a native. Somehow I don't think me and the other guy started the fight." His hand was still raised in attack position. He'd wait for the black wolf to settle down before lowering his guard and letting him stand up. The younger wolf would need to drop his sword to, but that was obvious.

[/html]

Messages In This Thread