one by one
[html]
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v515/ ... tiban2.jpg); background-position: top center; background-repeat: no-repeat;">
400+

There was so much that she could be doing, so much that needed to be finished. Mati had just become engrossed in painting and now the interruption. But, she knew how utterly important this was, and it was time to face the mistakes that she had made. How was she supposed to know that Tokyo was the mother of Ares and Princess? No one had told her, and her ignorance had hurt all of them. The dressed canine shoved the note into her hands and Mati retrieved with a fierce swipe. Her eyes looked down to read it, and she couldn’t focus with the voice of the other female in her ears. The brown colored fey looked up, having gotten through only the first few sentences. “I didn’t know! retaliated with a stern voice. The tawny golden-eyed Dreamer was obviously looking at an innocent party! But now she was crying, and Mati fought to not feel her pain. This was not her fault, this was his own weakness. But that wasn’t true, hell… it was so very wrong for her to think that way. She had exposed Ares, told his secret without even knowing it. She had driven him away.

Princess could hardly get out the word, a word that Mati so suddenly felt she deserved. Hate me, she thought. Hate me and I will have reason to hate you. The painter watched as the other wolf fell to the wooden floor, the weight of her breaking heart too heavy. Mati softened, weakening herself as she watched Princess. Unsure what she should say, the tall female slunk to the ground, ears folded back in submission. She would be overcome by the sadness as well, defeated by the pain that flowed from the other fey and plagued with the guilt. “I’m sorry” she said weakly as if it would bring Ares back. Mati hadn’t wanted to drive him away, she had truly liked him. The connection that radiated between them had been thick and so very real. Mati felt it’s absence. Her heart was in pain as well, a pain that she had wanted to deny. “I really didn’t know.” She spoke with a voice that was riddled with honest and weakness. Sitting on the floor, in the doorway of her room Mati looked away from the girl she had never liked. That barrier Mati had placed to keep them away from each other was no longer erected, and Mati lifted her eyes slowly as if asking for permission to console her. As if she ever could.

By Erin<33

[/html]

Messages In This Thread