Worlds we never knew
[html]

OOC: *does excited boogie*

The golden boy walked beside her, his pelt awash with pale, clear light. The sun was slowly weakening, and as her eyes cast heavenwards, Alaine felt the tug of it. Winter was almost here, when the moon would be lord of the sky and the sun beholden of it's usual royal grace.

Perhaps, to an onlooker, the strange pair would be nothing but another youthful friendship. Careless with their trusts, childish with their innocence. But each had their scars, some on the outside, some on the inside. Emerald eyes watched Daisuke now, as the wind toyed with his drying hair, his eyes the brilliant blue of summer skies. Winter was coming, yes, but she would always find summer in his eyes. The damsel drifted, her soul peaceful and at rest in the presence of her friend. He was, perhaps, her guardian - The only other being on this world to look out for Alaine.

The collie woman listened to his reply, and nodded her head softly, age-old eyes of jade green staring across the ocean and into another life.

" I see your point... But if they've no land, what has a pack to claim? I've grown up very differently to you, Daisuke. I was bred to be a pretty denwife, to give my mate sons, to sing for his pleasure, to offer him my body and mind to own. And in return, he was expected to provide me with food, land, material... Things." She gestured uselessly. That world seemed so far away from the too-young mother and her troubles. Her gaze wandered to Daisuke again, studied him carefully for a moment, " I want you to teach my son these things that you know, when he is older. I will not have him grow up to be another land-hungering, treasure-hoarding male."

She pondered that a moment longer, before sighing and allowing the frown that dimpled her pretty features to be brushed away as if by the wind. Too many worried and terrors had prematurely aged her heart, and it showed in moments like these. Distracted by a glittering object in the sand, she almost missed Daisuke's grin, and instead turned to view the object he held outstretched.

" Oh, Dai... It's perfect," She took it gently from his hand, clawed fingertips twirling the beautiful blue shell as her emerald eyes went with with child-like awe, " He's just going to love it!"

She passed it back, beaming with pleasure. It was more important that they find something for Caillen - Perhaps Dai would bring it as a gift on his birthday, or the first snowfall they had discussed. Delighted with the thought, her emerald gaze dropped back down to the sand, unconsciously searching for that strange glittering she had seen before.

Speak think walk

[/html]

Messages In This Thread