[Leader pls] All these asphyxiated, self-medicated
[html]
http://i950.photobucket.com/albums/ad34 ... e_base.png); background-repeat:no-repeat; padding-bottom:130px; background-position:bottom center; background-color:#EFEEEC">

» lmfao, this is the most awkward joining thread ever. XD

Protocol was failing. Anselm heaved a sigh, offering a sympathetic wag of his tail as Cotl tried to cover for his unruly brother. The Infernian's presence may have very well been the only thing keeping him from flying off the hook completely; although Anselm could be fairly sociable, he also had a short fuse when it came to such madness. A piece of paper that hadn't registered on his radar was exchanged twice, the second time for good. He could not even guess as to its significance, although it seemed to hold plenty, for the next outburst was completely unexpected. The exchange made him feel unwelcome; whatever was about to go down, it was no business of his. Rank or no, he felt no need or desire to interject; doubly so because it was all so very werid.

And so, when the other began to back away, Anselm simply cleared his throat and addressed Cotl in a low, puzzled voice just above a whisper. "Hey man, I'm gonna let you two duke it out; I was about to take off anyway. Give Kae or Gabe a call if you need anything," he said with a nod. With that, he rose to his feet and began to move off. He offered an awkward dip of his head in farewell to Marik, mouthed a heartfelt Good luck to Cotl, and began to trot up the hill away from the idiosyncratic rendezvous of siblings.

He'd give the stranger the benefit of the doubt here--who knew what old drama they were dealing with. He hadn't done anything outright objectionable, either, and Anselm wouldn't stick around to speak against him, even though he did seem a few colours short of that rainbow he rode so boldly. There was no harm in leaving the strange hybrid now anyway, as he was confident Cotl would be able to handle the situation just fine on his own. It wasn't as if he'd just turned tail on a random unattended loner on the border; he was just giving them privacy.
[/html]

Messages In This Thread