just a different scene
It's no problem at all. (: And yeah, we can definitely wrap this up in a short while! Thank-you very much for threading with me. :3 I'm trying not to powerplay here, but tell me if anything is out-of-bounds for you.

[html]
http://i19.photobucket.com/albums/b171/ ... -8copy.png); background-position: bottom center; background-repeat: no-repeat;">

Hatred was a new concept for Snake—a generally emotionless being, he had never really experienced the full brunt of it. Did he hate Patriot for pitting his twin brother and he together? No. Did he hate Foxhound for listening to that man, to the point of nearly killing Snake? No. They were just random actions, and it just so happened that he had been the victim in most of them—or so he thought, sometimes. And this was very much the same. He hadn’t done anything to incite her to attack him; it was just how the events unfolded. Did he hate her for it? No. He may think she was crazy and he might fear her some, but he did not hate her. So perhaps that was the strangeness of the two combatants: on one side, Lolita was nearly blind with hatred and anger, while Snake, on the other, was keeping his cool and defending himself as best he could.

The young coyote managed to divert her attack, and he heard her land heavily in the decaying plant matter beside him. He had caught a glint of surprise in her green eyes, and now she snarled and cursed. He knew that he had only a few moments before she was on the attack again. He could defend himself, yes, but opponents that you could not anticipate were always dangerous. He tried to get up, to dodge away, but he was half a moment too late. She had moved as well, facing him on the offensive and striking out with her scything jaws. He felt her teeth slice his shoulder, but luckily he had moved enough to avoid her from grabbing hold. A deadly click told him that her jaws had shut, empty. Despite the pain and the blood he felt flowing from his shredded shoulder, he moved forward and stood, barely pausing to look on the crazed, fiery-haired wolf. He did not want to hurt her, and he knew he would have to if he stuck around here. So, attempting to be blind to her fury and deaf to her insults and snarls, he took a few quick steps backward before turning and attempting to run back to Inferni.

Next time when he wanted to go on moonlight walks in the woods… maybe he shouldn’t.

[/html]

Messages In This Thread