Somethin' filled up my heart with nothin'
[html]

SoSuWriMo 462

Hmmm, she hadn’t considered the problem that snow caused until her son brought it up to her. She was still unfamiliar with the meteorological phenomenon, having never experienced it before she spent the winter here last year. In a way she was just as clueless about snow as her child was. “I’m not sure where the snow comes from. You see, back in Italy, it didn’t snow. It was warm all year round and we never had anything freeze.” It would make sense though if there was a similar story explaining the snow as they had concocted for the rain. “Maybe there is another dragon, but they don’t live in the same place as Kalseru does. They live way up north where it’s always cold, in the ocean there. Usually they just stay up there, but when the cold starts seeping south in the winter so does that dragon.” That seemed logical. Same explanation, just a different dragon who lived only in the northern part of the world and only came around in the wintertime. “I think they’re made of ice, and that’s why they can’t go where it isn’t cold. That’s why it never snowed in Italy, because it was too hot there and if the ice dragon had gone there it would have melted.” It would also account for why the “moisture” that came from that dragon was snow instead of rain. When the water touched it, it would freeze.

Gotham came up with some ideas that were absolutely perfect and she had not even thought of explanations for. “Sì! Sì! That is wonderful Gotham! I don’t think I would have thought of that. They are excellent reasons for the waves and the tides! How could no one have thought of such marvelous explanations before?” Savina smirked as a possible answer came to her and she once again ruffled the fur on top of her boy’s head. “I think it must be because no one is quite so smart or so clever as us.” Of course she knew that this wasn’t true. There had been plenty of people more intelligent than she was. Still, there was no harm in boosting the confidence of her child. Gotham wasn’t lacking in confidence, but giving him more didn’t seem like it could be a bad thing. Not unless he started getting a big head, but she doubted that her son was capable of that. He had enough humility and manners to know better than that.

“So, what do you think his name is? And the name of the ice dragon?” Kalseru had her name, but the other dragons in this tale needed names as well and it was only fair to allow Gotham to name them since she had named the first one.

[/html]

Messages In This Thread