just me and my thoughts, slipping far away (Andy)
[html]

WC: 340

Andy nodded, thoughtful. She closed her eyes leisurely in thought. “Let’s see.. I’ve met Naniko, Zynex, Ty, Anya, the little pup Rio.. Oh, and I met a new comer the other day.” She scratched her belly lazily. An odd sensation in her nose made her wrinkle her muzzle, trying to rid the feeling of the soft tickle. She sneezed.

Sitting up, Andy eyed the bottle. Surprising taste… Her interest piqued, she was excited to try the beverage. She wondered if it had the same effects on wolf kind as it did to humans. She knew alcohol made you feel relaxed, brave, and silly. She also knew that, if enough of the liquid was consumed, that a headache in the morning was to be expected. But she was far too curious to pass it up.

She turned her gaze to the dwindling flames. The wood, black and crumbling, had a reddish tinge to it from the heat of the fire. The low flames danced and flickered, parts of it growing bigger as it caught air. Her eyes were burning from staring into the inferno, but she didn’t look away. It was times like these, when she was relaxed and thinking, that she thought about her family. She missed them dearly. It had been almost a year and a half since she had last seen them. Since her brother had been murdered…

She shook her head, casting those thoughts away. Those were dangerous memories; they threatened to consume her with grief and anger, and she only allowed herself to think about them when she was alone. She wasn’t ready for others to know about her past.

She blinked to rid her eyes of the heat that the fire seemed to burn into her mind. The young woman sat up, her eyes on the dark window. She could see nothing now, it was so dark outside. But she could hear the wind, and she knew that it was snowing harder. She would be hard pressed to find her way through the gale outside.

[/html]

Messages In This Thread