envy on the coast

[html]
http://i19.photobucket.com/albums/b171/ ... -8copy.png); background-position: bottom center; background-repeat: no-repeat;">

He might have even been amused by the wariness of the wolf, for he was searching for deception that Snake was barely capable of. Though he was generally subtle creature, the art of lying had never been his. Saying things that were false usually made no sense to him—he never twisted the truth to spare feelings or manipulate, because he did not have those kinds of motivations. So he met the cautious gaze of the wolf’s levelly, not really feeling endangered. He probably wouldn’t have guessed that the stranger was worried about him aggressing; Snake often forgot that he wasn’t the skinny kid that had showed up in Inferni months ago. Maybe later he’d realize that he might look threatening… though it might just be the fact that he didn’t have lupine blood.

The green-eyed coyote didn’t respond to the stranger’s initial statement, though not really out of rudeness (though it could be interpreted so). The truth was he didn’t really have much to respond with—things such as scenery and season and such were not really things he took interest in. Most of the world seemed captivated with them, for some reason.

The wolf introduced him, a long name which apparently had some kind of foreign lilt to it. Snake dipped his head regardless, to show appreciation for the meeting. Though Strelein certainly seemed a little cheerier, Snake’s expression remained—perpetually—impassive. He blinked when the wolf prayed for his pardon, not to be offended. He shrugged, “Don’t worry about it.” He wanted to dispel any kind of fear from the start. Fear bred nothing but violence, and Snake would rather not go there. The wolf did have reason to be curious, though. “From what I’ve heard, we’re naturally from the south, in the plains and forests there. I don’t really have any answers for you, though; both of my parents are from around here, and I am a part of a coyote clan situated on the northern beach, Inferni. So… whether or not we are supposed to be, we are here.”

Coyotes were not as well-prepared for the elements as wolves were—their pelts were thinner and they were a little less hardy. But still, they had been living in these northern reaches for a while, so it seemed they were compatible enough for it.

[/html]

Messages In This Thread