Ordinary Riches
[html]
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v515/ ... aviban.jpg); background-position: bottom center; background-repeat: no-repeat;">
SoSuWriMo 628

A good night’s sleep was a luxury that only recently the Commander was able to enjoy on a regular basis again. In fact tonight had been the first night since Ehno had returned from Phoenix Valley that she had not been able to find it easily. The two months that her brother had been gone and her sister had been pregnant Savina had gotten very little sleep due to the constant worry she had had and the feeling that her world was crumbling away from her. Her body and psyche were so worn down that when the relief of her sister’s normal delivery and brother’s return she had slipped into sleep as if slipping into a warm pool of water: effortless. Her survival of that horribly trying to was thanks in a large part to the woman that shared the room with her now. Without Anu she doubted she could have come out on the other side in as good of shape as she had. The tawny fey had always been there for her no matter how rough things got and it was something she would always be thankful for. The bond the two shared was special and she wouldn’t change it for the world.

Savina had noticed a new scent around the mansion, but had yet to see who it belonged to. It wasn’t something she was worried about though. She simply chalked it up to there being a new member Anu had accepted that she had yet to meet. It wasn’t an uncommon thing to happen, although the Commander did try to make an effort to at least know the names and faces of all of her members. She was well acquainted with most of the pack, but of course there were always some that she didn’t know as well. As numbers grew that would increasingly be the case. The stronger they were though the less they had to worry about outside threats. “Hopefully it won’t become a trend. The pack will be in poor shape if its leaders can’t get some rest,” she said with a playful wink.

She hadn’t taken much interest in maps before now either, but being from a different country gave her an interest in seeing the way the world was laid out. She had also searched for other places, such as Russia where Rurik was from. It was much farther north than she had thought. Really all of Europe was much bigger than she had realized. Living in such an isolated pocket of Italy had given her a somewhat skewed view on the size of things. Now those preconceptions were being shattered and her mind was growing. “Yes. Hard to believe, I know. Especially with the ship I was on not making it the whole way.” It must have sunk not too far off the Canadian coast though, else she wouldn’t have made it. “I know. I’m so thankful they were able to. Life wouldn’t be as full without them.” Family had always been incredibly important to her and if she had been separated from them forever there would have always been parts of her missing.

Anu pulled out another map and Savina’s eyes roamed it curiously. It seemed to be a specific map of Canada. When asked where they were she looked back to the world map and picked out the shape of Nova Scotia on the larger image. “Here’s Nova Scotia…” Emeralds examined the land and the curves of the coast, trying to determine exacted where Crimson Dreams was. It was hard to translate the land level knowledge she had into a bird’s eye view. Looking at the coast she pointed to roughly where she thought the beach was. “I think we start here, though I’m not certain.”

[/html]

Messages In This Thread