tactical espionage action
Well, I'm usually not that opposed to my character getting chewed on a little, but I have a half-dozen threads after this one in which Snake is not horrendously injured or anything. I'm not sure about you, though, Ku... We can just work it out as it goes along? X: 383

[html]
http://i19.photobucket.com/albums/b171/ ... -8copy.png); background-position: bottom center; background-repeat: no-repeat;">

Though the two coyotes and the pursuing wolf were all flying through the woods that separated Dahlia de Mai and Inferni, things seemed to slow down in Snake’s mind. Each stride he tried to push further, to go even faster than he had before. He was not usually a swift creature—he was a little bulkier than the average coyote, so he usually had to keep up the hard work to keep up with the rest of them regardless. Things are a little different when you have adrenaline singing a high-pitch frenzy in your ears. It was not nearly as bad for Snake as he imagined it might be for Hezekiah. Snake ran without being pursued by a hound of hell nipping at his heels. His blue-eyed friend was not nearly so lucky.

He kept himself moving forward, though he angled his head slightly to be able to watch Hezekiah and the wolf who was closing in. The muddy-brown beast was fast for something so huge—it made Snake’s heart skip a sickening beat just thinking about it. The Vigiles of Inferni seemed to notice that he was losing ground between himself and the wolf and put on the nitro boost, scooting out of the reach of those scything jaws just before they had a chance to reel him in. Snake feared greatly for his friend, no longer for himself. He quickly became ill with himself being parallel to his friend; if something did happen and he hadn’t been close at hand to do anything, he would never forgive himself.

Without any sound or warning, he began to veer closer to the other coyote and their demonic pursuer. They were not side-by-side or anything crazy like that, but he was definitely more at hand. When he was not dodging trees and the like in the forest, he glanced back and tried to distract the wolf, flashing his teeth and hissing and spitting. Idiotic as it may seem, he wanted to instill something in the male that was not single-tracked determination. An enemy who is deciding something is less dangerous than one with a plan, he thought—a moment’s indecision or decision was a moment wasted, after all.

All he could pray for now was that they would come to Inferni faster, impossibly faster.

[/html]

Messages In This Thread