Magic in december (m)
[html]

Nonsense! You know the length doesn't matter, I love RPing with you! 750 words.

####Vigilante did not know what he had expected her to do or say, but he did feel that he deserved some negative reaction. She was far too kind to be okay with him killing others, no matter what their crimes, and he did not understand why she seemed to accept his story so stoically. He kept his face set in a calm expression, feeling less guilty now that she knew the truth, as she cleaned his wounds. It was only when she spoke that he finally allowed his expression to change, eyes falling to the floor as the guilt seeped back into his mind. He had not wanted to hurt her, and though he could not say he had expected her to be happy about his admissions, he did wish she had not worded it in the way that she had. He did not want to hurt her, ever, and that was why he had so willingly told her everything that had come to mind. By being completely honest with her, he had been trying to prevent hurting her, as so much more pain could result from her finding out later. There was only so much he could say now, though, and he was still the same dog mutt he had always been. The only thing that had changed was that his secret had been revealed to someone, and he was glad that it had been to the woman he loved. That fact somewhat made up for knowing that she was obviously unsettled by the news.

####“Ayita, I know this is a lot to take in,” he said gently, reaching out a hand for hers. “I wanted you to know now, rather than risk you finding out later, especially if you got involved with me. . . I don’t want to hurt you. I would never do anything to hurt you, if I could help it. I don’t plan to tell anyone else, and your kids need not know. My business will be kept completely away from the pack and the entire area surrounding it, Ayita, and nothing will ever happen to you. I love you, and I won’t let anything happen to you, ever,” he promised, though he did not know if his words would mean anything to her. There was no way that he would risk something happening to her, a fact only magnified by the fact that she had told him she loved him, too. It was something he should have been elated to hear, but he could not fight away the worries that she would realize her mistake and take back the words as fast as she had given them up. He wanted to be with her forever, if she would allow him to be, but he was afraid that she would soon decide that he was not worth it. It had taken him so long to realize his feelings for her, and for a while, he had felt as if he would lose his chance completely when she had become involved with Leroy. He did not begrudge her that, and he liked her pups very much, but it had been a worrisome time.

####Jade eyes watched her walk into the kitchen, his thoughts as clouded as hers must be. He did not know what had happened to her this past week, a painful reminder that he had been keeping his distance for no reason. It had been the building guilt and fear, feelings he very rarely became familiar with, that had kept him away from the beautiful woman. He stood, following her with uncertainty, worried that she might now want him near her. “What else has happened this week?” he asked, his voice as soft as a whisper, as if he had no right to ask her now after telling her such a thing. “Ayita, I’m sorry that I sprang this on you so suddenly. . . I should have told you this so long ago, so that you could know from the beginning what you were getting into. I should not have allowed myself to feel this way about you, but I cannot help it now, and I cannot deny how I feel about you. I just wanted you to know the truth, because you deserve that.” The ending of his small speech was lame, but he did not know what else to say. He felt so helpless, left to the mercy of her words, tortured by the time spread out between their words.

[/html]

Messages In This Thread