thread title missing
[html]

--

IC/OOC text separator

Matrix couldn't imagine being content with the mediocre, bare-minimum skill set necessary for survival. There wasn't enough mental stimulation in that--hunting, raising kids... all of that was instinct. She understood a thing or two about their species' history, including how the ability to shift had changed them all. It had opened up new doors. They could become bigger, stronger... they could walk on two legs instead of four, freeing up their hands to use the more complicated weapons developed by man. Hunting and basic survival, in a sense, became much easier. That left more time for other things.
At the mention of her parents, she gave a girlish shrug and a quick "I dunno." She thought back to the last time that she had seen them--they had parted on good terms. "They've had another litter, although I don't know any of the puppies," she said, figuring Skoll hadn't heard that one. After the war was over, they had decided that a bigger family couldn't hurt. "Last that I knew, Niyol was still with them," she said. Her and her brother had always had a decent (yet distant) relationship. It hadn't taken long for it to become clear that they would seek out different paths in life. Maybe one day Niyol would disperse, although she doubted it wouldn't be for at least another year or two. He was more unsure of himself.
"Hn. By now, I suspect the puppies are old enough for them all to be on the move again," she pondered aloud. Presumably Skoll would know what she was talking about. Matrix and Apache were restless spirits--Apache because he wanted to see and experience everything, Matrix because she was wary of growing comfortable with routine. Although her parents were not exactly alike, they seemed to fit together nicely, as pieces of a puzzle. She couldn't tell where she was on that spectrum. For now she was content in the lands of Bleeding Souls, but who knew if time would change things?
For now, one particular thing would serve as an anchor of sorts--her project. Assuming that things continued to work out, she would be interested in continuing and spending some time enjoying the eventual outcome of her handiwork. "Have you heard from anyone else I'd know?" she asked as she finished tying up her knots. Her tone was almost hesitant--did she want to know?
[/html]

Messages In This Thread