Sing songs of friendship
[html]

The accented voice of this new acquaintance was exceptionally pleasant to the petite collie's sensitive ears. Although, the woman's hasty introduction gave Ruri precious little time to enjoy the sensation. This, Alaine Winters, seemed very formal and polite which caught the young lautari off guard. She had never been addressed by any other title than her name, Ruri. Rarely did anyone use, or even seem to remember her last name or her station within the pack. It was a foreign concept, even as second-in-command to the king, that she should be addressed so formally. "I'm glad to meet you, Alaine. Our pack certainly needs a healer. You can just call me Ruri by the way. I'm not one to enjoy such respects. I want to be your friend, rather than someone you see as an authority figure," she explained, not wanting the polite fae to worry herself with such pleasantries.

Plumed tail swished behind her happily as the silver and ivory woman did her best to focus her gaze in the direction of the other fae. Though direct eye contact was next to impossible, it was best to try and look at people when they talked to you, or so Ruri thought. The blush had faded from her white-furred muzzle as she had quickly grown comfortable with the presence of this other woman. Perhaps the fact that they had both been equally nervous around one another had cancelled out Ruri's own timidity. As the two women moved closer to one another Ruri could detect a familiar scent lingering on Alaine's figure, the scent of her little sister. "I don't mean to pry but do you live at the Chien hotel? That's where most of the new members live, including a pup that I just recently met. It turns out that she and I are sisters. Perhaps you've met her? Her name is Sylvie Ciel." Ruri questioned, her head tipped to the side in a curious posture. If the woman lived at the same place as Sylvie it would then make sense why the woman had the pup's scent. Ruri couldn't quite remember, but Ruri did seem to remember Sylvie mentioning that she lived with some other people at the hotel. Perhaps Alaine was one of them.

[/html]

Messages In This Thread