3:10 to Yuma
[html]
http://i950.photobucket.com/albums/ad34 ... s/truc.png); background-repeat:no-repeat; padding-top:187px; background-position:top center; background-color:#F8BB4D; text-align:justify; font-family:georgia; font-size:11px; color:#AB360D; line-height:15px;padding-bottom:10px;">?! homg. -completely missed this, does not check PV forum enough.- D: if I take more than like a day and a half again, please poke me because it was probably in error!
@&#&$A passable lie was all in the delivery. Sound too formal or rigid, others got suspicious; take too long to respond, same result. These were variables he'd discovered and learned to master early on, but sometimes life liked to throw in one extra over which he had no control. In this case, it was extremely fortunate that Snake had done nothing to give him away; tit for tat, eh? He now considered them even, viewing this as acceptable "reimbursement" for sharing his kill earlier in the day. Although nothing in the world actually changed if he went by a different moniker, it would be harder to gain others' trust supposing they knew of his previous slippery, surreptitious habits.
@&#&$It seemed as if his smooth tongue and Snake's cool attitude had just bought them an inside look into Phoenix Valley's territory. He had not actually been within their borders since the seaside pack laid claim to the land--he'd only lingered around their perimeter, speaking with Geneva shortly after he returned from his year long gallivant. He simply offered a solemn nod in response to her condolences; he'd let Snake field the question directed his way. He took this moment to wonder about how his old man was actually doing; Carcharoth had to be going on seven or eight by now.

@&#&$It had been nearly three years since Anselm had seen him last--maybe he really was dead; maybe Ingrid was, too. Maybe he had siblings he knew nothing about. Perhaps he should have felt more strongly about the issue, but he couldn't really be bothered to care. What good would it do? A round trip journey would take an entire month and traipsing around a place he knew to be hostile--where he'd be recognised, no less--was really just not on his agenda. Although he cherished the hazy familial bonds he'd forged in Nova Scotia, he'd always felt distanced from his closely related kin in Vermont anyway. Maybe the knowledge they could all be dead the next day had kept him from getting too close--remarkably, things were more stable here than back in his birthplace.
@&#&$"Glad to hear it," he offered on the matter of being well prepared. While the male was slightly envious that Inferni wouldn't be so well off in case of famine, he was relieved to hear that their neighbours would have no reason to advance on their territory if things got rough. That singular fact counted for plenty on its own. And although he was certainly not hungry, he wasn't one to turn down the offer of free food. More than anything, he just wanted an excuse to get inside and check out these herds she spoke of--and he was genuinely curious about the meat. Besides, it would be rude to refuse, right? "That sounds nice," he said with a soft smile, his tail flopping in time with hers. "If I'd have known I'd have brought you some venison in return; we just ate, although I wouldn't mind a sample taste."
@&#&$He cast a quick glance to Snake and offered a short nod; with the woman's permission they scarcely had a reason not to proceed--furthermore, he was certain the astute youth would recognise the advantage in having an inside look into another pack's land. He looked back to their hostess, ears lowered further than before and tail not daring to budge from its place betwixt his hindquarters. "Lead the way!" he said, preparing to fall in line behind her. As they moved he'd likely have more questions, but for now he was more interested in visual and olfactory observations.

mall-caps;font-weight:bold;text-align:right; border-top:1px solid #AB360D">SoSuWriMo +606
[/html]

Messages In This Thread