looking for a shadow of a doubt
[html]
http://i950.photobucket.com/albums/ad34 ... s/truc.png); background-repeat:no-repeat; padding-top:187px; background-position:top center; background-color:#F8BB4D; text-align:justify; font-family:georgia; font-size:11px; color:#AB360D; line-height:15px;padding-bottom:10px;">
@&#&$Anselm understood many things. He knew why the clouds wept, the stars shown, and the plants grew; he knew how to use timbre and hardware to construct something greater than the mere sum of its components, and he knew how to destroy it all with fire. Some things in life, though, were too bizarre to comprehend. By all rights she could have hated him for capturing her, taking her against her will and inadvertently leaving her a sitting duck for Samael's demented games. Were he as cold as he used to be, he could have resented her for his own failure to keep her safe; she'd forced him to break a promise he'd made to himself. And yet here they were, on the cusp of no man's land and a battlefield, tails waving and unwitting confederates, brought together by their love for hating one vile man.
@&#&$"What can I say, it's what I do," he remarked simply in good humour--his place in Inferni had always been as their scout. The name she spoke was only vaguely familiar, but when he shook his head it was with conviction. "I'm sorry. The number of joiners we've had lately has been surreal, but the only three I haven't met personally are all male," he informed her, having gathered so much from their scents alone. Supposing Firefly cared about this Zana at all, he reckoned it might be a good thing; he was still rather troubled his own granddaughter had reappeared during such volatile times.
@&#&$He was somewhat surprised by her reaction, though he merely countered her question with a solemn nod. "He's attacked our subleader. Gabriel and his brother went to address the issue, only to find he'd usurped Cercelee completely. I don't have any details beyond that, unfortunately." He'd hardly understood the dynamic between those two in the first place; it was a wonder the pale queen had kept Haku under control for as long as she did. It didn't really surprise him that it happened; he just wondered why now and exactly what had transpired. Regrettably, it was one of those questions he'd probably never have an answer to. He offered a hopeless shrug, figuring the Miracles woman might have more insight than he ever could. She'd walked among them, after all.

mall-caps;font-weight:bold;text-align:right; border-top:1px solid #AB360D">SoSuWriMo +382
[/html]

Messages In This Thread