I am a question to the world
[html]
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v368/ ... etable.png); background-position: bottom center; background-repeat: no-repeat;">
I kinda feel we should archive this now xD

Strel had fully expected the other male, whose actions had been growing stranger and stranger as the moments passed, to attack him back in a vicious fit. He expected those fangs to bury themselves into his flesh, biting into the tender areas like a hungry carnivore devours a freshly dead moose. Those teeth, so lethal if the coyote so wanted them to be, could rend his body to pieces, placing his freshly picked skull on the border of Inferni as a new addition to the other pieces of warning. His bones could be used for decorative staffs or some other absurdly outlandish tradition having to do with winning victory over the trespassing wolf.

But he backed down, letting the weaker animal go. Strel straightened, pose looking far more casual than before. He was still on his guard, remembering his childhood fights with an older sibling. Those teeth did not hurt nor did those claws intend to maim back then. The redhead gave a curious look towards the coyote. "Why are you letting me go? Couldn't you easily kill me?" he asked, knowing he should have just ran for it, for home, for the safety that his pack provided him. There he was safe and unless a hurricane came and knocked the land out from underneath him, that was how Strel was going to stay. "Don't you want to decorate yourself in pride with my pelt, bones, whatever the hell it is you do?"

This had been his fault, so he should not fault the coyote for defending his home. But it was so pointless. Strel had gotten riled up and his ego was getting bloated from the encounter. So even if he wanted to run like the coward that he was, he chose to move in close to play with his chances.

How could he have known there was a war about to play out across the way? How was he supposed to know that?
[/html]

Messages In This Thread