volcano choir
[html]
http://i275.photobucket.com/albums/jj31 ... /cort1.png) no-repeat top center; font: 12px/16px georgia; color: #000000; text-align: justify;">

Time had for the most part been relatively easy on her. Corona had never really been much of a scraper, though that possibly wouldn't have been the case had she been raised with the rest of her siblings. What few scars she had obtained had healed relatively well and were discrete; her medicinal knowledge had paid off in that regard as well. She was neither pacifist nor warmonger, but instead took things one day at a time. In the end, it was all about survival and lucky for her, she had survived without really needed to resort to defending herself or attacking. For the most part though, she had spent her life living outside of hostile areas and perhaps that was her saving grace in all of it. So in some way, she had become something of a drifter, but she had no exhilarating stories to tell, no emblazoned trail of lovers left behind on some bramble path, and no children that would follow in the wake of a mother's shadow.

Which brought forth the question that she had been dancing around herself: what had brought her back? She felt silly saying that it had been a hunch, some internal pull that very well could have been the spark of a raging inferno that ran the veins of roughly half of her siblings, so she opted for something else entirely, but not untrue. “I promised Gabriel I would come back.” Maybe she hadn't promised him per se, but of those she had left, he was the only one she held a bond to that was moderately strong. He had always welcomed her back with open arms, even though he probably knew that she would come and go as she pleased. Though last time… “I left after Ahren died. I promised him I would do something for him.” To Kaena, it was even hard to call Ahren her father, even if she couldn't quite decide why.

“And now I'm here,” she concluded with a faint, tired smile. Just like the rest of them, she had come wandering back. Perhaps just like the rest of them, it was on something of a promise either spoken or unspoken. “I'm guessing things are well? I don't know how long you've been back, but I'm not sure how long it's been since I've gone.” She left out the notion that for the longest time she and her doggish-looking brother had thought her dead, finding no point in sharing it when for all she knew, maybe her mother had come back there to die. What did she know? Life was unquestioningly short.

[/html]

Messages In This Thread