Sing songs of friendship
[html]

ooc:

At the lady's first offer, Alaine felt herself smile broadly, her emerald eyes twinkling with a gratitude her new friend couldn't see. Instead, she took a hesitant step closer towards the silver-furred woman, enthralled by the beauty and grace of the lautari. The stone under her footpaws was cool and smooth, and made little noise as the too-young mother stepped closer. When the other gave a sigh of relief, the healer felt a strange relief bubble in her own chest, perilously close to her heart. She wanted Ruri to believe that shew as good enough to be a guardian for her sister, a foster-mother as the world would have it. Though the situation was certainly out of the ordinary, that was what made it special, strange and unique to all the individuals involved. Ruri was about her age, perhaps even a little older, though that could have been by just how mature and elegant she acted. Her words, though intriguing, were also disturbing; Though Alaine had often wondered at Sylvie's life before she washed up on the shore, she'd never asked the girl, fearful of pressuring her into reliving memories that begged to stay hidden. If anyone knew of and could empathize with that feeling, it was the young mother. Sylvie would come and speak to her when she was ready.

Alarm thrilled in her heart as tears came to the gray collie-woman's unseeing eyes, concern coloring her own with deep emerald shadows. Without thinking about it, Alaine took the last steps towards the other woman, let her hands wrap gently about the seemingly frail lautari's wrists. She didn't want her to cry, certainly not! But as the woman spoke her short tale, the young healer figured that perhaps as much of those tears were of joy as they were sorrow. A soft crooning sound thrummed in the too-young mother's throat, as the two women, wounded from the inside out, stood alone in the ocean breeze.

" I... I'm sorry. I'm sorry that you had no-one. And I promise, I promise that I will do all I can for Sylvie Ciel, for she is precious to us both."

Her accent grew strong as emotion bubbled in her chest, her own eyes glimmering with tears reflected by those in the eyes of the silvery maiden. For a moment, she felt her own story tumble forth, burn on her tongue for want of being spoken. Just this once, her mind pleaded, just this once! But Alaine bit it back firmly, as came with the habit of doing so. There would be no telling of her story, no remembering. It would only re-open wounds that had never properly scarred over.

The two collie-women were so different, had led such different lives. But they were alike in many ways also, Alaine thought with a watery smile. Ruri's friendship would be important to her, was already important to her. And if or when the day came that Alaine was ready to speak of her own horrors, her own nightmares, she could only hope it would be to one as kind as the lautari. The wind turned colder, and the first few flurries of snow began to fall from the heavens. Broken from her trance by the glittering earth-bound flakes, Alaine glanced up, saw the bad weather approaching. Wanting to keep the contact, her gaze returned to the milky blue orbs of the other.

" There is a snowfall coming, Ruri. Do you know of someplace nearby where we can take shelter?"

Speak think walk

[/html]

Messages In This Thread