To be Loyal and True.
<333
[html]
He scoffed at her statement. Sure, maybe it hadn’t come up. But as evil as the creatures there were supposed to be, he didn’t think he could believe it. How ill-informed could all of them be? Theirs was a grudge born generations back to the time when they only had four legs to propel them instead of the ability to harness two. However similar they had been then and now, Hezekiah did not really know, but he had the ability to be an astute observer. She was bigger than him. Wolves were bigger than coyotes. They had the ability to collaborate and overpower their weaker cousin and steal from them. And naturally, it had been done.

“Why would I keep you here?” he asked, though not looking for an answer. “I’m willing to let you go this time because I think you’re telling the truth about not knowing. Plus I don’t think you were here to cause trouble.” He didn’t see a reason in calling the others and showing off his catch. He didn’t think that they would particularly care because there was no fight or reason for intervention by them. No muscle was needed. Hezekiah felt powerful in being able to make the decision himself without fear of reprimand.

That was of course, because he wouldn’t tell anyone about their meeting. “You should probably go home and tell the others that we don’t like your kind poking around here.” While he may have had the decency to question what she was doing, Hezekiah believed that there were those who acted first and instead of asking questions. His father had been that way, so in every aspect both known and unknown, he strove to be different. “You think you can do that?”
[/html]

Messages In This Thread