Help me out, said the eagle to the dove
[html]
Word Count: 609 - SoSuWriMo

come dance with the west wind and touch on the mountain tops

She agreed to most of what he said, and he smiled at her as he did so. He had heard of this Savina Marino, but only indirectly. The Chief was not aware of the fact that she led Crimson Dreams — perhaps that would explain why they seemed peaceful. Experience told Dawali that tribes with male leaders were more prone to war, and tribes with female leaders were more prone to be peaceful, even if they could suddenly lash out at one. This thought almost made him chuckle, but he stopped himself. It would not be fitting with a chuckle here, and perhaps the child would think he was laughing at her mother. Nodding to her instead, he kept the humor inside, though some leaked out through his eyes as well. "I have heard of Savina, but I haven't met her yet! But maybe I will soon, then. It sounds like a plan." His words were decisive, but not orders at all. He was merely concluding this part of the agreement. He nodded again when she agreed to meet so and so often. It would be a workload for him, but it also depended on how long her concentration would last every time they did meet. And since they started in winter time, they would have an advantage. He had less to do during that season, and she would not feel the pang of the full medic-package hitting her right away. The herbs were many, and different, and the only thing one could do to learn them was memorizing them. They would not have much to practice on, and that was good, but it was still harder, then. It was not like becoming a carpenter, when you can build so many things you want for practice. Saving lives was a delicate art, but Cambria seemed motivated. It would go well, he was certain of it.

They went back to small talk, and walked on towards the building visible not far from them. Yes, Dawali looked forward to spring also. His coat was not impressive for the winter at all. It was short, it was thin; it was made for warmer places than this. Still, as long as he kept himself active he didn't notice it that much, but his joints could ache from time to time because of the cold and the workload. If he sat still, he could be cold, but he always had some blankets with him, and a fire was not always that hard to get started either. Dawali nodded at the young girl. "Yes, I'm looking forward to spring, too. It's so much more comfortable for an old wolf like myself."

They were close enough now, and Dawali halted a second. He was not sure if Cambria had ever seen horses, and so he should prepare her. "I have loads of seeds in there, but there are also some horses that live there. If you want, I can go in by myself to get the seeds, or you can come along. Have you seen horses before?" Some children would perhaps be easily scared by them, and some would not at all. He did not want to put the fear into this one today, just over a few seeds. But if she wanted to come along, she would see that even if they could be scary, they were not dangerous, not when standing in the stable at least. They could be dangerous to a young female, especially the wild ones and even the ones he had tamed and held here, but when they were all separated from them it was hard to harm someone, even by accident.

[/html]

Messages In This Thread