the ancient harmonies are given thee -j-
[html]

Heh, could you understand her? I tried to make it obvious she had an accent but without sacrificing readability. Let me know if it's too hard to read, I can tone her speech down a bit :3. Also, forgive any mistakes; gotta run, didn't have time to proofread.
word count=453

Cerridwyn's cinnamon-tipped ear twitched as the scarred wolf stared at her with his one green eye. Her neck was starting to ache from ducking her head in a position it was unused to. Her attention shifted, though, as a mottled female approached -- this one unshifted. Well, okay, at least she hadn't stumbled upon some weird pack of half-deity shifting priests. The female's face was open and kind, a smile gracing her lips, and Cerridwyn relaxed without thinking, her head returning to its natural position. She smiled back, a small, timid smile in response to the female's welcome. "Hello. I'm Andy."

It did not escape the collie mix's notice that this second clan member held no awe for shifters. She gave a nod of deference to the male who had been first on the scene -- yeah, he was probably their chieftain, or shaman -- but there was no reverence there, and there was no surprise in her eyes when they rested on the shifted female. This was a strange place, indeed. "'Ello, Andy," she said softly. "M'name's Cerridwyn."

"Well, I don't know where you came from or why," the darker male said, seeming to have to come to a decision. "But I'm not about to let you freeze. Follow me." With that, he turned tail and began walking in the direction of the forest. With a glance in Andy's direction, the slightly befuddled shaman did as she was bid.

"Oh, dear," she said when the male, naming himself Jefferson, explained to her the situation she had washed up into. Of course she would land in the middle of a war, her luck seemed to be turning that way here lately. At least this particular tribe -- pack? -- wasn't directly involved in this war. She nodded as he extended a welcome she had figured was probably coming soon, after being invited to follow the pair into their packlands. "Danu an' I thank ye fer bein' gracious enough to allow my stayin' fer a tick," she said, not adding on that when she was ready to go again, she had no idea where she might be headed. Feeling that an explanation was deserved, she did continue. "'M from across th' sea," she said. "Bit o' a... shipwreck, I s'pose, warshed up on the shore back yonder. Dun blame ye fer bein' nervous o' strangers, wot wi' a war goin' an' all." When he mentioned the other female, Cerridwyn's chocolate eyes glanced in her direction once more. "That'd be nice," she said with a smile. She sensed that this female was, perhaps, someone she could trust -- and hopefully give her some of the answers to the million questions spinning around in her head.

[/html]

Messages In This Thread