is it suppose to mean something
[html]

565 words.

It seemed her explanation was enough to please the Miracle woman, which made Princess feel relatively relieved. She was not looking for any sort of confrontation today, only conversation and the company of someone from Haven’s pack. There was not really any way that she could explain why she wanted to know his pack members so much, other than the fact that she had already been within the lands a few times and she was more than just his friend. She did not know what, exactly, she was, but she knew that it was more than a friend. Something was there, but she did not have the experience to know what it was. She did not ever want it to end though, and she hoped that he would never follow in the footsteps of everyone else in her life by abandoning her. It would probably be worse if that happened than it had been to lose her brother and find out of her mother’s pregnancy in such a very short timeframe, and she hoped she would never experience that.

“I didn’t know he had an aunt here,” she mused, thinking over everything that he had told her of his family. Really, all she knew was that his mother and sister, Anu and Mati respectively, lived in Crimson Dreams, and that his birth mother lived somewhere else with a new litter of puppies. It was pretty pathetic how little she actually knew about his life and family, but she supposed that didn’t really matter. She knew him, and that was the important part. Princess could only assume that Firefly and Haven were not close like he was with his mother and sister, or he would have told Princess about her. It was no matter, though. Even if she had no family that she could not be close to, Princess could understand how some people were not close to their families. It was unfortunate, and she wished she had some family to be close to, but she supposed she understood why not all families were close. She just did not have anyone to be close to.

She felt an unfamiliar flare of jealousy at the idea of him saving other “damsels in distress,” but it seemed a better idea not to let it on that she felt that way. She did not understand why she had those feelings, and really, it only made sense that Firefly would joke about the fact that he is a Knight. Knights did those things, didn’t they? Besides, her jealousy was completely illogical. “No need to get him, I was just visiting, I guess... I just wanted to meet more people in his pack.” It still didn’t make sense, even after she had vocalized it, but that was just the way it was. “I’m Princess Chance,” she added, since Firefly had given her whole name. Even if she hated her mother and now did not like her brother much, she did not want to give up her last name. It was a part of her, even if it had negative connotations in regards to her heritage. “I’m sorry for asking, but were you fighting? I mean, with who? Cour des Miracles isn’t getting involved in the war, is it?” she asked, worry in her tone. She didn’t want anything to happen to Haven or those he cared for and protected.

[/html]

Messages In This Thread