is it suppose to mean something
[html]

500+ words.

Her brother's sister would likely make the two women in the equation also sisters, but Princess was not going to press the subject. Her family had more than enough disfunction to spread around, so she was not going to look down upon anyone else's family-related problems. In that respect, she was no better than anyone else, and truthfully, the logical part of her brain knew that she wasn't better than anyone else, even aside from family problems, but there was still a part of her brain that would probably always be under her mother's influence. She would fight it all that she could, but it would always be there, the young woman suspected. Princess only hoped that those around her, especially Haven, could look past that. Not everyone knew of her problems and past, but Haven did, and Princess was sure that he could understand that she would fight with everything that she could against that influence. Lately, though, she wasn't sure if she was winning or losing, considering her emotional turmoil as of late. Not knowing really did bother her.

It only seemed logical that they weren't terribly close, since Haven had never mentioned Firefly to her like he had mentioned Anu and Mati both. Maybe it was in the way that she had been close to Ares, though. . . Princess had not really talked to him much, or talked about him often, but they had been close, or so she had foolishly thought. A small grin spread at Firefly's suggestion, and she nodded, but it was not really a nod of agreement. "We never seem to have time for a tour, the few times I've been here," she added, knowing that she was leaving that open to interpretation. There were tons of things she could mean by that, so Princess was not expecting the woman to know exactly what she meant. She would have been surprised if Firefly did, although she supposed that Haven might have told Firefly about her already and the woman was simply pretending not to know. She had been raised a liar, so it was practically in her blood to suspect things of others that she might do herself--in the past, of course. She wanted to be done with all of that now, and move forward in her life.

Her lips thinned at the mention of her mother, though it seemed Firefly did not know their exact relationship. Suddenly, she wished she had not given a full introduction. It seemed like it would have been better, and she should keep that in mind. Dahlia de Mai was at war, and her mother was cruel. It was very likely that the Chance name would continue to become a bitter taste on everyones' tongues. "I'm not surprised that didn't stop her," she said softly, looking away from Firefly as if she were to blame. She did not like knowing that her mother had harmed someone close to Haven. "Please do not think I'm heartless for asking, but. . . Did she have puppies with her? I. . . I know that their parents are both monsters, but they're. . . Still my. . ." Still her what? Princess mentally kicked herself for her cold, stumbling words. "They're my siblings, or half-siblings, anyway. She has a habit of killing her children. . . Three physically, and two in the mental-emotional sense," she added. "That is why it does not surprise me, and I just want to know if. . . There's any chance that I can save them from her. I don't know how, though," she whispered pathetically.

[/html]

Messages In This Thread