we turn away to face the cold
[html]
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v515/ ... rioban.jpg); background-position: bottom center; background-repeat: no-repeat;">
not to worry honey! 329

She was glad that it did not take the frosty woman to notice her. Rio had finally gotten a grasp on the concept of size, so she was aware that she was very small, even for a puppy. She often wondered what had made her so small, particularly compared to Caprica; they were both girls, and the same age besides! It didn't make sense to her. She had indeed spoken, and Xeris greeted her in a way that did not scare her at all, but rather caused her little feet to bring her closer to the female and her pups. There was something the pallid fem, a new quality apart from any Rio had detected in strange adults so far. She liked it. Perhaps this was why Mr. Scar Man had put Xeris in charge of her while Mama went to take care of whatever business she had been appointed to.

Rio was puzzled about how Xeris would have seen her without her having any kind of recollection of it, but after a quizzical look she understood. "Oh, I sorry, I not re'ember," she said with a slightly sorrowful expression on her gaunt face, as if the snowy wolf might hold this against her. There was some point beyond which Rio remembered nothing, a realm of her existence where everything had been so big and daunting that she was unable to comprehend any it. She'd left that universe, however, and was in a place where things made sense. But before, in the days following her birth, everything was nothing. The girl smiled at the little girl with bicolor eyes. She liked how the pup said her name. "Xion!" she repeated, excited, her small tail waving. "You are.... ah, pwetty!" she said; maybe the other young wolf would like that. Smiling, Rio turned her sparkling purple gaze toward the adult to answer her question. "Mama's good. So're my sibwings, we're growing, 'specially Caprica." Rio grinned proudly. She loved her family.

[/html]

Messages In This Thread