understand them early and prove
[html]

ooc- No worries! ^^

word count: 307

-------------------------------------------------------------

Cerridwyn nodded with understanding as the dark female explained the duties given her during this time of war. Again, she was thankful that she had landed on the coastline of a neutral pack. She'd never had to deal with war before, and she wasn't eager to become directly involved in one. Her chocolate eyes flicked back and forth between the two packmates as they discussed the current events.

They rested on the tawny male as he addressed her warmly. At least the war between these other two packs didn't seem to be affecting Pheonix Valley's morale too badly. The worst she'd seen so far was Jefferson's anxiety when he found her on the pack borders, and she thought he'd been rather calm, actually, all things considered. She took his hand with a returned smile and gave it a firm shake before replying, "M'name's Cerridwyn. Nay, we 'aven't met b'cause I've only been 'ere a day er so." She gave a crooked grin. "As fer who I am, that'd be a preistess o' the goddess Danu, from 'cross th' sea, t'tha west." During her jounrey across the sea, she might've quailed from introducing herself in such a way; but she had come to terms with her goddess, and with the mistakes the hybrid had made which had resulted in her expulsion from her tribe. She felt that Danu would have no trouble anymore claiming her as a preistess.

She picked up the stone she'd been using to sharpen her spear, fingering it carefully, thoughtfully. "This war ye've been talkin' 'bout, Jefferson mentioned it, 'swell, but I've yet t'hear any actu'l details onnit. Who is it that's warrin', exactly, an' wot fer?" After all, if she were to be a useful pack member, and contribute to the "war effort," she should know exactly what was going on, shouldn't she?

table credit titmouse

[/html]

Messages In This Thread