Feathered Hats and Tamed Horses?
[html]

Forum load time is killing me. Sorry for being late.
Word Count: 484

come dance with the west wind and touch on the mountain tops

The red wolf felt his head bob as he nodded in agreement to the other's statement. Indeed, Brooklyn had been a cute pup. If the rest of the litter was anything like her, he could easily understand if the pack had difficulty hiding their affection for the children. Then again, he'd never believed that such things should be hid anyways. A smile spread on his lips at the thought, but the conversation did not continue in that direction, and so he fell silent instead. A sparkle of humor twinkled in his eyes as his new acquaintance touched Belle and stated that the pups would love these creatures. He couldn't have been more right. Whenever Dawali had shown them to any young girl, it was as if their hearts melted or something. Most young males saw them as a source of excitement, and the girls as a pool in which to empty their need for caring for something else. Either way it was cute, and to this sentence Dawali replied, his voice laden with amusement. "Hehe, yeah. I have yet to meet a kid who isn't fascinated by these creatures; their eyes look as big as the moon himself as soon as they see them." It really was an amusing sight, the look on their faces when they laid eyes on a horse for the first time. It was not unlike the face of the male in front of him, though not quite as mature, and considerably more naïve and in open awe.

Presented with a question, Dawali smiled and patted the horse on the neck as he spoke, sometimes seeking the female horse's gaze, but mostly focusing his yellows on the male wolf. "Certainly. But the horses have a greater endurance than most wolves, and can help us travel further and faster in the course of a day. Say I want to visit Dahlia de Mai; a long march indeed. Upon Belle it feels shorter, and it leaves me with more energy, as well." Pausing, his hands wove patterns in the air as if he was drawing the imaginary journey in the space between them. "Not to mention how useful they are when you have food, material, or injured individuals to move from one place to another quickly." Having a horse around could easily save a sick or wounded tribesmember, getting them to a medic in time. And the building of the Town Hall had certainly become much easier with some help from Belle. "And besides, they make excellent companions." Now, he looked directly at the horse, as if speaking to her and not the male. He did care about his horses. What he didn't say was that they would also serve as a fresh source of food if the need was great enough, but so far no crisis had ever come as far as that, and he hoped it stayed that way.

[/html]

Messages In This Thread