Re-visit
[html]

<3
Word Count: 451

come dance with the west wind and touch on the mountain tops

It seemed as if an eternity stretched between the howl and the arrival of the femme, but when she finally did come into sight he almost sighed with relief. Offering her a small smile, his feet stopped wanting to pace, and he studied her a little. She had changed since their last meeting; no wonder, she was probably worried for her pack and her family. Being at war could be a great strain on someone. Though he had come to help, he knew better than to ask her about these things. After all, he was not really a friend of this female... more of an acquaintance, probably, though she was clearly a friend candidate in his book. She spoke his name, simply. This was good; no further greeting was needed, no idle chit-chatter. In his current state, he would have wanted it no other way. Returning this greeting, he continued swiftly to present his errand. "Kaena," he paused, turned halfway so she could see the horse clearly behind him. "I heard about the... situation between Dahlia de Mai and your clan. News such as those travel easily, even to the far south." Hesitating, his eyes glanced around him for a split second, checking out at least two, maybe three different directions. In a way, he did not like being here. "My connecting with the Dahlians was broken some time ago, and I barely know any details of this conflict. In fact, I would rather go on not knowing anything at all. I would like to keep anyone in my tribe as far away from it as possible." It could sound harsh, maybe. He hoped Kaena would understand what he did mean, however. They had spoken so much of their common love for family, for children; she knew his values, and he was certain she could piece it together. The pause laster only a moment before he continued again. "Still, after our encounter, and how well it went, I feel the need to aid you and your family, your clan, somehow. But, I cannot fight for the life of me, so I have brought you the one thing I can help with. In the package on Belle's back," he said, moving his hand as if to point towards it, "there are herbs to aid the wounded, and some cloth you can use as bandages and such, should it be necessary." Now, he was silent; his little speech was finished, and he allowed some proper silence to take over, so that Kaena might react to what he was saying. Still, his gaze moved nervously around in the scenery behind her in glances, and he shifted his feet every so often without knowing it.

[/html]

Messages In This Thread