thread title missing
[html]
[/html]Beppe was always relieved to see a smile, even if he had already convinced himself that the other was friendly. He tried not to pay any attention to the missing arm, because it made him feel just a touch uncomfortable, but mostly because the boy thought it would be rude. Feeling a little unnerved by the state of ruin the house was in, he stepped over the threshold. "Thank you," he said quietly in response, letting his eyes flit over the things he hadn't been able to see very clearly from the doorway. Some more photographs were visible, and the human eyes that peered out from behind the glass made him feel even more nervous.

The other seemed completely confident, though, and the boy trusted him. Though his gaze did not stay on the stranger as they moved down the hall, he was paying close attention to his words. Indeed, based on the outside, Beppe had thought that all the houses would be at least very similar on the inside, varying maybe in the photographs that filled the frames. He would have to look through another of the houses after he left this one.

Though the Italian still felt like a trespasser, the feeling that something bad must be going to happen had passed. He peered through a doorway into a smaller room, eying the posters on the wall before his chestnut eyes fell on the bookshelf. "Yes, this is interesting, quite. I like books, but I cannot read them.. I hope they will have pictures." He laughed and smiled effortlessly then, letting his eyes come back to his new friend. The boy nodded, smiled, and replied, "I'm Beppe, pleased to meet you, and thank you for showing me this. I think it would be frightened to come in by myself." The idea of a handshake was unknown to Beppe, mostly because he rarely found himself in his were form. Though the bit of silence between them felt a little uncomfortable, it was because of the feeling the house gave him moreso than the lack of physical contact.

His eyes moved back to the bookshelf in the corner of the room, and he walked in there carefully, avoiding the things strewn on the floor. Reaching out gently, he pulled out a big hardcover book and cracked it open. Inside, to his excitement, were large pictures of.. well, nothing Beppe had seen in his life. Swirls of milky white stars, strange contraptions that reminded the boy of an archer's bow, ready to shoot, and firey planets. He flipped the pages, finding a drawing of a strange six limbed thing with large eyes, and muttered, "Mio Dio." Closing the book, his finger still on the page of the strange monster, he held the cover up so Conri could see it. "Can you read this?" The front, too, had a large picture of stars, though this time Beppe could discern them for the depiction was quite close to what he saw in the sky, as well as a photograph of humans in silly suits, more planets, and, printed across the top, Space Encyclopedia. [html]
[/html]

Messages In This Thread