And this fire will guide you home...
[html]

Don't worry about length; I tend to think I have nothing to say, and write a LOT to make up for it. It's a vicious cycle >>;

Word Count: 477

Yumiko nodded, smiling, at their names and noticed that only one of them replied to her. Was the other one shy, or maybe couldn't speak? Or was Anne just more dominant or even just older? She stored their relationship into the deep recesses of her mind and focused on the two newcomers once more. Her suspicions were confirmed when Leah avoided her gaze completely, only giving her a slight nod to indicate she was listening. Yumiko wasn't offended, she was just concerned about Leah's ability to help the pack and even to help herself. As one who was VERY submissive herself when confronted, she understood Leah's fears and hoped she'd come out of her shell a little more like she did herself, with time.

Anne said that the 'old one' (she smirked subconciously at the thought) had allowed the pair to stay in the pack. "Ah, you've met Dawali. He's very understanding. I met him... a month ago, myself." Her ears twitched as she realised how much time had passed. It was amazing for her to think about. She barely even had nightmares about her parents anymore, and thinking that very thought no longer filled her with utmost dread. It would seem that being around others, especially new people she needed to work at to keep a friendship with, was doing her more good than she had realised.

Anne asked about lodging and Yumiko stared blankly at her. She had no idea of someplace that didn't require at least a little work, which would take several hours and it was already late. Leah continued to subtly ignore her and feed the fire, although it wasn't a malicious ignoring; simply a shy one. Yumiko was alright with that, but wanted to make her feel more comftorable.

While she mulled Anne's question over, she settled on her haunches on the opposite side of the fire from the girls and warmed her numbing palms. Thankfully the weather was steadily improving. Unfotunately, it was a very sloooow steady. She looked at Anne thoughtfully, and said the truth. "I have no idea. I've only been here maybe a month, and I haven't come across anything like that in my exploring." Not wanting to disappoint, she offered her more helpful advice too. "When you have time you can build a shelter near the village, or dig a den in the forests if you prefer something more of that nature. I'm a cave dweller, myself." Then it struck her. She trusted these two, and they were only pups hovering around the year mark; they were practically half her age and needed help.

She fidgeted, running a claw through the snow near her side. "If you want, you could stay at my new den until you guys get your paws under you. It's a little cramped, though." She glanced away, nervous for so many reasons.

"Talk." Walk. Think.

<style type="text/css">
.Yum001 b {font-weight:bold; color:#ffffd2; letter-spacing:1px;}
.Yum001ooc {font-style:italic; padding:0px; font-familyTonguealatino, serif; font-size:12px; color:#3b2215; text-align:center;}
.Yum001 p {text-indent:0px; padding:5px 10px; margin:0px;}
.Yum001 {margin:0 auto; width:383px; background-color:#dac1cf; background-image:url(http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v121/ ... ach001.jpg); background-position:bottom center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #3b2215; padding: 0px 0px 235px 0px; font-family: Palatino, serif; font-size:12px; color:#3b2215; line-height:12px; letter-spacing:.5px; text-align:justify;}
</style>[/html]

Messages In This Thread