And this fire will guide you home...
[html]

Aneira 

Word Count: 268

Aneira saw that Yumiko was a bit puzzled about Leah's silence, and breathed a mental sigh of relief when she did not push the issue. Given a bit of time Leah would open up, but at the slightest provocation she snapped closed like a shy little clam. Leah was already giving Yumiko covert, measuring glances.

Anne nodded in agreement at the older female's words about their new chief. "I like him, he seems nice." Leah moved some coals to a different spot in the fire, and it blazed further into life. Such young fires were delicate things, one had to be careful not to end up with a pile of ashes. "There's a lot we can learn from him." she agreed tranquilly. Her voice was cooler in comparison to her friend's. It was like comparing fall to summer.

When the older woman crouched to warm her hands by the fire, Leah flicked her ears and eyes in Yukino's direction, but did not react in any other way when she catagorised it as "nonviolent".

Anne noticed nothing, since she was focused fully on what Yumiko was saying.
"Yeah, that'd be great...!" she shot the other woman and embarresd smile at her own enthusiasm.
"but me and Leah, we don't like to be in debt you know? We'll do our share of the work 'til we get outta your hair." She wagged her tail with puppish excitement. "It won't be long anyway. We're fast workers." Under more optimal circumstances, they might have just slept outside, but sleeping outside this time of year was a good way to get hypothermia.

<style type="text/css">
.Aneira001 b {font-weight:bold; color:#45300f; letter-spacing:1px; }
.Aneira001ooc {font-style:italic; padding:0px; font-family:Georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#000000; text-align:right;}
.Aneira001 p {text-indent:0px; padding:5px 10px; margin:0px;}
.Aneira001 {margin:0 auto; width:377px; background-color:#9b8a5c; background-image:url(http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v121/ ... ira001.jpg); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #000000; padding: 250px 0px 0px 0px; font-family: Georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#000000; line-height:12px; letter-spacing:.5px; text-align:justify;}
</style>
[/html]

Edit: Sorry, while I was writing this I was thinking it would have been ironic if you had named her Yukino. Big Grin

Messages In This Thread