And this fire will guide you home...
[html]

Can you say 'filler'? >< 

word count; 336

Anne rubbed her hands together, partly in anticipation, partly to warm them a little. "Renovation? I'm pretty good at that... I'm good fer whate'er you need 'elp with. She flicked her tail dismissively "Leah's better at house-wifey things." That wasn't the only thing Leah was good at, but there had been more than enough bad memories brought up for one evening. Or so Anne thought.

"And I thought you liked my cooking. I suppose we'll just have to let Annie cook." The grin Leah shot the younger girl was positively evil.

The younger girl half playfully took on a submissive stance. "Whoa, whoa, whoa, no need to be so hasty Leah...!"

Leah shot Yumiko a wry smile, her blue eyes bright with mischief. "I guess she's right - she'd probably kill us all."

"Hey, I can cook!" Anne protested loudly.

"Only if we want to live off of rabbit mush for weeks on end." Leah chuckled with a derisive snort.

Anne opened her mouth, then closed it. "Fine." Her ears drooped as she crossed her arms and pouted.

Leah stood when Yumiko did, and took the opportunity to smooth the crouching girl's ears. "You're really too old to be making faces like that." She murmured with a smile. Her hand lingered slightly longer than necessary, but neither seemed to notice.

"Getting sentamental in your old age, Leah?"

"I'm immortal, remember?"

Anne was actually enjoying it, childlike as it was. She was a little lonely now - she missed her family than she would admit to Leah, and the familar touch was comforting. Anne closed her eyes happily, a complete contradiction with the obligatory grumbling that went with such shows of affection. Suddenly uncomfortable, the older girl gently ruffled the younger's fur and turned to their host with a lok that said, Ready to go then?" The angle of her ears and tail read: embarrased.

Anne stood up, and nodded genially to Yumiko. "We're right behind you, oh valiant leader!" She was still in a playful mood.

<style type="text/css">
.Aneira001 b {font-weight:bold; color:#45300f; letter-spacing:1px; }
.Aneira001ooc {font-style:italic; padding:0px; font-family:Georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#000000; text-align:right;}
.Aneira001 p {text-indent:0px; padding:5px 10px; margin:0px;}
.Aneira001 {margin:0 auto; width:377px; background-color:#9b8a5c; background-image:url(http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v121/ ... ira001.jpg); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #000000; padding: 250px 0px 0px 0px; font-family: Georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#000000; line-height:12px; letter-spacing:.5px; text-align:justify;}
</style>

[/html]

Messages In This Thread