and all the wounds are reopening again.
[html]

OOC: It's okay, I had me some learnings. :O (462)

The Dahlian alpha deserved every ounce of pain and suffering he got. There was no reason he should not have had to pay for his actions, and Gabriel would be the one to hunt him down and make sure of that, Kaena knew. Her vengeance would be served, one way or the other, and she did not believe she was strong enough to defeat Haku on her own. She had done so once by sheer luck; her younger, stronger, larger son had far better odds against the chocolate-furred man, and this was something the silvery hybrid had to admit. She was old—too old to be chasing around muscled canines still in their prime. It did not much matter to Kaena in the end, though—either way, she would have Haku's head for what he had done.

Kaena thought back to their last meeting. She did not know this canine beyond that, but there was at least a connection there. Kaena would have remembered something terrible; she would have remembered ill will from this canine. The woman's connection to Fatin and Jaded Shadows lent to her credibility, of course. While Kaena did not presently trust the russet once-alpha of that pack in her personal life, the silver-furred Centurion knew in her heart that the Kali woman would never intentionally cause harm to Inferni or anything Kaena valued. That did not mean the same could be said for Tayui, of course, and Fatin had even been known to carry association with awful creatures—Salvaged Eternity, for one—but the silvery hybrid saw no danger here in trusting the pale-furred woman once again. Even so, that did not mean Kaena wished to reveal her greatest weakness. Then again, revealing just what had happened to her would certainly give aid to Inferni's cause, though it likely wasn't nearly enough to make anyone leap out and charge Dahlia de Mai's borders. These thoughts contradicted and conflicted one another, swirling through her head.

“He attacked me. Twice. I beat him the first time, he had his vengeance the second. It's his fault there is a war,” she repeated. She remembered the first time just outside of the coyote clan's territory; she had been willing to trade information with him then, having no idea he was the very one she'd been warned about. She did not want to remember the second time, and she had spent weeks alone and drowning those memories out. Rather suddenly, the hybrid's face split into a caustic smile and she laughed, though it was a hollow and humorless noise. “For once I really am not to blame,” she said, sounding almost amazed. Many things were her fault, but this was one rare instance where she might truly have claim to the good side.

Table thanks to Ithen!
<style>
.kae-gifturma2 {width:375px; background-color:#142a38; background-image:url(http://sleepyglow.net/rp/kae/kae_gifturma.png);background-position: bottom; background-repeat: no-repeat; padding-bottom:210px; border: 1px solid #000103;font-family:georgia, serif; color:#FFFFFF; line-height: 13px; font-size: 12px; margin:0px; text-align:justify;}
.kae-gifturma2 b{color:#809189;}
.kae-gifturma2 p{text-indent:40px; padding:0px; margin:0px 10px 10px 10px; }
</style>
[/html]

Messages In This Thread