and all the wounds are reopening again.
[html]

Word Count :: 304 I am OCD and I had to fix a typo and a misused word in the last post I made. >_> Also lol, I am so heterosexual I made a vague reference to the thread title in this post. x_x But it couldn't be helped, damnit.

The thought that Haku belonged to any kind of family, that he meant anything to anyone, had utterly failed to occur to Kaena. In her mind he was nothing more than a demon, another Salvaged Eternity to torment the lands until someone better or badder came along and killed him. Haku was not the first, and he would not be the last—there would always be one of them, it seemed. The silver-shaded coyote had lived long enough to recognize that. She had helped to create the demon who had once dwelt in Jaded Shadows, but she had also put an end to him, too. Though she had no hand in creating Haku, she was now bound to end him, too—this was the way of vengeance, and this was all the scarred hybrid knew. Be struck and strike back—there was nothing more to life.

She was quiet at the pallid woman's response, pondering it—vague recognition began to cloud over her yellow golden eye, but it disappeared just as quickly, a tendril of a thought lost and never regained as Tayui spoke again. “I don't think anyone would chase revenge on his behalf,” she replied. She knew of Conor, and she knew she had been able to plant a seed of doubt on the young man's mind, and somehow, that had ended with Haku being removed from the Dahlian pack, stripped of his crown. It had passed to the cinnamon-furred man, and the hybrid simply hoped the same darkness did not lurk in him. “Maybe. Time does wonders for old wounds, but they split open again pretty easy.” the hybrid said. This was true enough—as long as it had been since she had been had by Kairo, those very same wounds had bled, traced over expertly by the chocolate-furred demon's claws.

<style>
.kae-giftnuki b {color: #C6CAD1;}
.kae-giftnuki p {text-indent:25px; margin:0px; padding:0px; }
</style>[/html]

Messages In This Thread