eiridh tonn air uisge balbh
[html]
         ”Please,” he said, waving a hand as though to wave away her apologies. ”I’m alrigh’, I am. It ain’ even all that easy to bring me down, I’d like think,” he said, wishing to quickly alleviate the awkwardness that’d arisen. If she needed comfort he would try, but he wasn’t particularly keen on crying, frightened women under any circumstances—if anything they perturbed him, for he didn’t quite know how to act around them.

”Shadows?” he repeated, voice soft and uncertain as the question rose from his lips. He didn’t have a clue what this girl was going on about, but if someone was after her he’d do his best to stand in their way as long as she stood before him. Regardless, he was relieved when she changed the subject. He exhaled quietly, taking in her name. ”Ah! So yer foreign as well then, yeah? I’m almost pleased. I was born in Ireland, I was. Come here—well, not here as in where we now stand, but ye know what I mean!—on a ship not a few weeks prior and I’ve yet learn how things are meant be done around here. It seems to me as though everyone is truly content remain in the woods like the old animals we all once were.”

His uncertainties were given voice, but given the rather distressed state of this female’s mindset only moments ago he was unsure whether he’d gain any true insight, or even an ounce of realistic comfort. “My apologizes. How rude I must seem. Name’s Kian Tadhg.” He offered a smile in response, hoping the female would take on a calmer, more confident demeanor if he presented himself as non-intimidating as possible.
[/html]

Messages In This Thread