Battered Beginnings
.N.a.m.e. - Istabel

.D.O.B. - 1.22.09

.L.u.p.e.r.c.i. - Ethiopian Wolf

.G.e.n.d.e.r. - Female

.C.o.n.t.a.c.t. .M.e. - (AIM) SincereArtisan

.H.o.w. Did I Find .Y.o.u. ? - Advertising on another RPG Forum

.I.n.i.t.i.a.l. .P.o.s.t. . . .

- S.h.a.c.k.l.e.d - Iron bands chafed her wrists with every stride of her too-long legs, the maddening, endless pacing fueled by the sense of frustration and fear nipping at her heels. The source of the frustration was easily linked to the corroding bands about her limbs. The tinkle of hardware rose above the shuffle of her footfalls, emitted by two chains, one broken and trailing, the other connected to the heavy collar about her neck.

The source of her fear? The smell of others...a pack. The boundary markers were well defined, as were the scents. The invisible barrier seemed to have taken on a physical status, one that the She-Wolf skirted back and forth...back and forth...golden eyes rolling each time she pivoted, widened in a heightened state of awareness bordering upon panic...

How long had it been? Days? Weeks? How long since she'd broken free? The phantoms of her imprisonment loomed in the back of her mind, swelling to almost tangible proportions. Her life, spent in the bowels of a dwelling of a tempestuous band of canines who's loyalties and treacheries were too unstable to be called a pack. They preyed upon each other, carved out a crude living in a world made of lies. Born into this world, a thin, broken thing with no voice, one who's physique was considered laughably awkward, the wolf could not bring herself to imagine any world beyond imprisonment as any less cruel. She knew the day would come when she would encounter others. It could not all be fresh air and sunshine. She would have to cross a line...in this case, a territory.

The light parted from the canopy above, slanting across the scene below, startling the wolf into a sudden halt. She blinked into the winking light, feeling the cool air rushing through her lungs recede into long, deep pulls of breath. The sunbeams spilled across a ruddy pelt, matted in places...though with dirt or blood, it was hard to determine. Her rail-thin frame was enough to bewilder the mind as to how she'd even made it this far...So far...I've come so far. I can't go back, I must press on...

With that thought another foreleg staggered forward, rocking her into that endless back-and-forth pace that she seemed to be trapped in for the time being, what was left of her sanity being slowly chipped away at by her irrational fear of the unknown.

Messages In This Thread