A Sunny Day
[html]
Word count 300+ Woot! Big Grin Adonia Demos, you can join in anytime!

Domonick walked through the winds, his body low to the ground. He dropped the clothes he held between his clenched jaws. He stopped and listened to the birds chirping, the wind blowing, the trees rustling. He chuckled and concentrated on changing his form, it took him a total of 2 minutes. Damn, I’m really out of habit. he muttered to himself. He got up on his back legs and changed into his clothes. He brushed off the leaves and sniffed the air. It’s close . He took off running as fast as he could, with each stride he took in a lung full of fresh air. Leaping over fallen trees, ducking under low branches, he laughed like a child as he ran through the woods. He finally skidded to a halt and sniffed the air again, I know it’s here somewhere, I just can’t believe I forgot it.

Domonick turned to the left and start walking. He sniffed the air several times and finally came to a halt near a makeshift lean-to. Finally! He pushed down the makeshift housing and brushed away leaves, revealing a small, worn wooden box. He stooped down to pick it up, opening it. Inside was an old leather strap with a small rusted key dangling from it. He smiled and placed it around his neck, it was a gift from the female of his past. She had given it to him when he was first welcomed into the old pack. He may have not cared about the old pack, but he sure as the hell cared about this, a great deal of sentimental value. He smiled as it fit around his neck, holding the key with his hand, It’s good to have you back. He had left in a hurry, somehow forgetting it behind.

He started walking back into the Valley. The birds were still chirping, only making his tail wag faster. He began running again. As he dodged branches and serpentined through the trees he let out a howl of enjoyment, it echoing through the woods.

<style>
.domi-a01 p {padding:0px 15px; text-indent:25px; margin-bottom:10px;}
.domi-a01 b {color:#80938F; letter-spacing:-.2px; font-family:georgia, serif; font-size:12px; }
.domi-a01 {width:375px; background-color:#645141; background-image:url(http://sleepyglow.net/souls/gifts/feb2010/dom.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; background-position:fixed; padding:178px 0px 10px 0px; font-family: "times new roman", times, serif; font-size:14px; color:#251C15; word-spacing:.7px; line-height:15px; letter-spacing:.4px; text-align:justify; border:1px solid #000000;}
</style>
[/html]

Messages In This Thread