fever dreams that scare you sober.
[html]

Word Count :: 339 agsdgsdg!!!

As the man spoke, a frown crossed Harlowe's face, obviously displeased with the talk of his mother, but he did not verbally protest. He could not disagree—he did not know his own blood, and certainly such knowledge should have been passed along to him, too. The only plausible explanation was that she did not know such things. The creamy-furred youth listenened to the other canine speak, the look of this olive-colored eyes changing from displeased with the talk of his mother to positively reverent as the dark-furred wolf announced his surname, his blood. There was clear excitement within Harlowe then, shining behind his jade eyes—no wonder he was unafraid, no wonder he was comfortable speaking with this man so soon and so suddenly. It made sense to him, anyway—family was supposed to be different, he was supposed to sense them somehow—he had met his close family before, of course, consisting of his half-siblings, his mother, father, and some of his father's side of the family—but his mother's ancestry was blank and unknown for the youth.

“Mother didn't tell me about the family. I don't think she knows. Would you tell me?” the young man asked cautiously. He wanted to know—there was a perpetual thirst for knowledge within the young canine. What he said was also in agreement with what Larkspur had said; after all, it only made sense—why would Naniko fail to tell him about his cousin, this man here who was also a D'Angelo, the myriad of old relatives he would seem to have? The tawny-furred man frowned again at the man's statement. D'Angelo eyes? His mother's eyes were the same color, as were her father Roman's. “I have Mother's eyes. They were not hers first?” he asked, wondering where they had originated. He was brimming with questions, so like a child but unlike his peers, he restrained himself—it would do no good to rapid-fire questions at the man; that was a good way to miss out on the answers.

<style>
.harlowe-tree-text {padding:0px 25px;}
.harlowe-tree p {padding:5px 0px; text-indent:25px; margin:0px;}
.harlowe-tree b {color:#191F13; font-weight:bold;}
.harlowe-tree {width:400px; margin:0 auto; background-color:#B5C1A6; background-image:url(http://sleepyglow.net/rp/harlowe/harlowe_tree.png); background-position:bottom center; background-repeat:no-repeat; background-position:fixed; padding:10px 0px 35px 0px; font-family:georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#414F31; word-spacing:.2px; line-height:14px; letter-spacing:.1px; text-align:justify; border:1px solid #000000;}
</style>
[/html]

Messages In This Thread