Discovery
[html]
http://i187.photobucket.com/albums/x242 ... rintab.png); background-color:#cd3f7e; background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; text-align:justify;">
OOC: ©table code and image to jacoby: For orin WC - 410

Her eyes shut tightly as he explained to her what to do. The animal instinct inside of her made her feel like if she just couldn’t see the weakened floor for a moment, she would be okay. Did it suddenly just get colder in here? That could not be, the cold never bothered her before. She felt like her legs would start trembling, and that would do neither of them any good.

She forced her eyes open again and looked at the lamplight in the center. Surely there had been extra support built around it, and Niro had to be right. . . if she could just get over to it. “What if it’s too heavy there?” she worried, then remembered that there was no post running up the middle of the tower. There must have been support beams through the floor and ceiling holding the lamp in place.

Her brother didn’t respond to her fear, and it was probably for the better. He was focused, puzzling out how to get her out of the room safely when she herself did not have the calm to manage it. She looked to him and then back to the center of the room, and worried her paws wouldn’t move!

That was when he shouted, and it was like his voice liberated her legs. She concentrated on the dead-center of the room and lurched forward. Being fast and light on her feet was something Orin could do, and she called upon her unbridled gift now as she soared over the boards. She was just about up against the lamp when a paw came down. . . and didn’t stop. She yelped as she tripped, her hind leg going through the floorboard, but despite her stumble she was able to throw herself forward and keep her body from crashing into one spot and surely busting the insecure support beneath her.

She glanced over her shoulder at the small hole she’d punched in the wood. At one time this had been solid, reliable oak, but now it was little more than cardboard. “Okay. . . I’m this far. . . Now what? I think I can jump it.” Surely if she was able to leap far enough and clear most of the crumbling floor it would be better than not, but if she did not go far enough she may fall through upon landing, and there was certainly no way to manage a running start.

[/html]

Messages In This Thread