Lend me your ear and I'll sing you a song
[html]
Table by Frost.

OOC: 397 words

Well then Lotus had slipped up. Unknowingly he had told Dawali of Ember’s feelings for him. Not that he had known of Ember’s feelings really being there. Instead he was trying to express why whom he assumed was his Daddy should be staying with his Mommy. He just said something to try and convince the other that they should all be living together. That families should share a single home. He didn’t imagine that Ember might have already hinted at feelings already being there. The pup had just been guessing at things when he had said that Mommy missed having Daddy at home. He just assumed that the Daddy would be missed. He had no idea that he could have been potentially opening a whole new can of worms for his Mommy. Especially if his Daddy decided to bring it up at some point.

The pup perked up at the mention of baby animals. “Where are the babies? I want to play with the babies! Do you think there will be more puppies too? I think you and Daddy should have more puppies and then I can have a baby sister or brother.” At least Lotus hadn’t bothered to mention that much to Dawali. At least Ember would be saved that embarrassment. But could the pup really be blamed for not really knowing any better? It wasn’t like he was trying to get Ember in trouble. Instead he just spoke what was on his mind, like any child might do. He would just have to learn how to bite his tongue as he grew older. That some things weren’t appropriate to say. Not that he was using naughty words or phrases or anything. He just said the wrong things under the wrong circumstances. But surely he can be forgiven for it.

“Hey! I remember this place!” He had seen it when Yumiko had first started working on it. Eagerly the pup ran forwards. And seeming to forget his manners the pup dashed straight into the den.
“Did you find the fur?” The words were obviously meant for the occupant that was assumed to be inside. After all Yumiko had told him that she would look for some since she didn’t seem to want snow. So of course he was curious to see what had been found. If she had really listened to him and had gotten furs.

[/html]

Messages In This Thread