At Least the Weather's Nice
[html]

I'm not religious, but I enjoy a good ham Tongue Happy Easter to you too!

Word Count: 331

The kind stranger called her by her full name, exactly has Tangi had provided it, and she respected that. She began to respect the grey female for in turn she was equally respectful of some young child wandering nearby her packlands. It was a rare thing. "Please, call me Tangi." She said with a subtle smile, speaking quickly when the woman paused for breath. Then she finally learned of her own name, Geneva Stockholm. It had a very simple sound to it that Tangi couldn't help but appreciate; it was harsh yet soothing all at once on the tongue.

Geneva seemed very paitent and not like one to abuse her power. After all, she had said she was the second in command here (Savant, was it?) and yet she was out and about, greeting homeless wolves at the borders. It didn't appear to be out of charity or pity but actual desire to greet these newcomers and make them feel at home. "It is an honour to meet you, Geneva Stockholm." Again Tangi's smile showed ever so subtly as she greeted the Savant with the same courtesy she had shown Tangi herself. The red femme had always been polite as long as she had yet to get to know a fellow wolf. Those who just barged in and took over the place were disgusting in her eyes.

Then came the questions. She had known they would come, but she was still somehow unprepared. Her eyes fell to the grass she had so impaitently toed, an her ears seemed to flatten a little lower against her skull. She was nervous, so nervous, that she was practically another person. Yet her voice was still clear, if a little quiet and shaky, and she told Geneva what she could. "I come from West of here, a small pack called Fiume that was just my family and another. Why'd I leave?" She paused, eyes welling up with spontaneous tears that she wished she didn't feel. "I left because my twin sister Kakahu died. I... wasn't the same anymore. I couldn't stay there, and I wandered. After a month or so I wound up here. Why I want to join... Phoenix Valley wassit? Because it's nice here, I've seen plenty of prey, and while I haven't met anyone 'sides you you seem really nice." As soon as Tangi had finished talking about her past her mood switched and her tears evaporated leaving behind her usual, quieter, calmer self. While she hated talking this much especially about herself, she knew that this impression mattered.

A bird flew out of the tree she had lounged against, and twirled around the pair before heading on its little birdy way. Tangi tracked it with her eyes until it left her sight a moment or two later; she was thinking and needed something to pay attention to. Biting her lip, she thought of her skills. Without even bothering to second-guess herself she told Geneva what she could do. "I'm real good at fighting. I would always beat my siblings when we were kids, and I won against the other family in my old pack in competitions. Other than that, I'm good with horses. They warm up to me quickly, and I can ride them well too." In all honesty she'd only ever seen one horse, but it had been wild and one hell of a fight to tame and she'd done it while her sister watched slack-jawed.

Something to learn. That was tricky, yet Tangi knew the only answer she believed in. "I want a horse of my own. That way I could be a horse-back warrior, or somethin'." Out of nowhere red flashed before her eyes and she snapped without thinking, "Well, am I good enough for your high-and-mighty little pack, huh?"

Tangi came to her sense with barely a heartbeat and clamped a hand over her mouth, horrified. She'd thought she had been under control. She looked at the ground, defeated, mumbling, "Sorry... I didn't mean it..." What had she done now?

She's starting to sound Southern in my head... hm... also I had to make her be a little more crazy; she was starting to sound too tame Tongue

<style type="text/css">
.Tangi01 b {font-weight:bold; color:#565659; letter-spacing:1px; }
.Tangi01ooc {font-style:italic; padding:0px; font-family: Georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#838383; text-align:right;}
.Tangi01 p {text-indent:0px; padding:5px 10px; margin:0px;}
.Tangi01 {margin:0 auto; width:361px; background-color:#191b16; background-image:url(http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v121/ ... 462177.jpg); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #838383; padding: 150px 0px 5px 0px; font-family: Georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#838383; letter-spacing:.3px; word-spacing:1px; line-height:12px; text-align:justify;}
</style>
[/html]

Messages In This Thread