but your fears ain't no strangers for me
[html]
You can see her whenever it rains

From Rome to New Orleans dancing on the graves
___ The fact that Tay.ui did not know what to address this child as seemed quite irrelevant now. Although she had presented the boy with her own name, it did not seem to be one of the pieces of information he was looking for. Words of the outside world seemed to be a great deal more interesting, and Tay.ui could not blame him for thinking this. When one was too young to venture out of their ho.me and see things for themselves, the words of another who had been able to see for themselves was of utmost importance. She figured that the child had a mother or father figure that he could ask, but it always seemed as though the mysterious stranger knew something more. The fact that she was a new face, one that could have been a potential danger, did not phase the puppy. Of course, that was most likely young naiveté at work overriding the child's common sense.
___ For the time being, Tay.ui was content with answering the boy's questions, and did not see what harm it would bring. If his father or mother arrived, she would undoubtedly have to explain her reason for venturing so close to another pack's borders and conversing with such a young coyote, but until then, she would humour the boy. "It's sort of like a hill. Where the ground is so tall that it's higher up than the trees. It stretched into the sky, and some go so far that you cannot even see the top. I don't live on one that tall, but it is rather large." She attempted to explain what a mountain was to someone who had never seen one, nor had it described to them before. She found that it was not that easy to explain something that seemed to simple, for it was like defining the word 'because' to someone. Being one who learned better with pictures, she wondered if a drawing in the dirt might help, or a more visual example. "Sort of like a big triangle in the ground."
[/html]

Messages In This Thread