but your fears ain't no strangers for me
[html]

Where did her name come from? I've always wondered - it's such a cool name! Pff, Texas... Tongue

_____ He was like all puppies – he tried to understand the world around him, and how it was put together. He’d seen more than he could name, but that was just it – he needed to put a name to those things. It was frustrating for him; he didn't know what to call so many objects and concepts alike, and if he didn’t pounce on the opportunity to find out what they were, he would forget. A barrage of new questions would replace the old ones before he could even find out what the latter were. He wondered sometimes if adults found him annoying, what with the wealth of questions that came pouring from his lips. But this girl seemed so calm – she was safe.

_____ Her explanation was perfect for him, and he found himself smiling up at her, grateful. He relaxed enough to sit before her, watching her mouth move as if such would help him understand better. Oh, he said softly, I unders’and now. I seen them before. Some’re so big, the sky covers the top, righ’? But not yours… He was more thinking aloud now; he wondered if she would find this tiresome. Then, something hit him – Tayui had given him her name, but he hadn’t said his! He was horrified – manners were important to him, and he’d forgotten his. Oh! I’m Texas Sadiwa.

[/html]

Messages In This Thread