but your fears ain't no strangers for me
[html]

If you'd like to keep this going, that's fine by me ;D Whichever you prefer!

Knowing someone and having been acquainted with someone were two vastly different things. Despite the child's beliefs, she knew very few of the wolves she had listed. She had met a few in passing, but never had she gotten to know them. She had met Aiji and her daughter only once. She could not even recall which of the two former leaders she had met, whether it had been Kiriska or Ceres. When she had met Laika, she had also come across her friend's alter ego, Bloodbane Wolfe, and had been under the impression that Bloodbane had killed Laika. Some time later, she had come to realize that Laika was very much alive and that Bloodbane was a frightful wolf indeed. Strangely enough, it was not until after that incident did she befriend Fly Agaric, the wolf whose body Bloodbane inhabited on 'special' occasions.

She smiled and shook her head as Kansas spoke. She did not want to put him down, but rather, set things straight. No matter how many names she could recall, she had not truly known them. She knew wolves like Mordulin, Rain, Fly, and Fatin. She had met them and had come to get to know them. "I have met many, but I know very few. Of all I met, I only knew Colibri. The others I met only once or twice, and after that I never saw them again." Of all the wolves she had listed, she had only known the one that was not related to Kansas. Ironically enough, it was Colibri who had been her bitter enemy. It was not until after she had gotten to know the other female that she realized she was a much kinder soul than she had ever believed.

[/html]

Messages In This Thread