If happiness could burst!
[html]

All right, you're set to go Smile You'll be titled up soon enough. Welcome! Big Grin

He'd heard much sadder stories--his own being one of them, though Jefferson was not one to play the pity party--but judging by her suddenly heavy stance, as if she was weighed down by memories resurfacing, Adonia had suffered a majority of her short life. She did not know true tragedy yet, and the cyclops could only hope it would stay that way. The less problems in one's life, the better.

Phoenix Valley had become a place for stragglers, and perhaps Adonia was no different. He liked her, however; she was earnest and kind, and the Patriarch oddly trusted Domonick's judgment despite how premature that trust may have been placed. He nodded his head slowly, offering back an approving, small smile. "To see the world would be to go everywhere, but if you wish to stay here, you'll be a little tied down, don't you think?" It was sarcasm, of course, and spoken in a lighter tone than usual. Jefferson had no need for his usual grimness here.

Exhaling a long breath, he continued. "I trust Domonick's judgment, and you seem fine to me. If you want to stay here, I'll allow it. Report to me by dawn tomorrow at the ranch between the two Mirror Lakes and we'll discuss then about what you'll be charged with concerning the barn. I trust Domonick will guide you there." A brief glance at the dark-furred boy, then his green eye shifted back to the girl. "You'll start as a Loas like any other. Prove yourself useful and we'll talk about moving up." His smirk widened somewhat, but the cyclops turned quickly and started away.

"Make yourself at home," he said over his shoulder, and within moments Jefferson was gone.

<style type="text/css">
.airplanes b {font-weight:bold; color:#827165; letter-spacing:1px;}
.ooctext {font-style:italic; color:#95A0A9; padding:0px; font-family:verdana, sans-serif; font-size:9px; text-align: right;}
.airplanes p {text-indent:25px; padding:5px 10px; margin:0px;}
.airplanes {margin:0 auto; width:399px; background-color:#EBF1F6; background-image:url(http://i57.photobucket.com/albums/g210/ ... etable.png); background-position:bottom center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #49361E; padding: 0px 0px 110px 0px; font-family: arial, sans-serif; font-size:12px; color:#95A0A9; line-height:12px; letter-spacing:.5px; text-align:justify;}
</style>[/html]

Messages In This Thread