taking flight
[html]
http://i187.photobucket.com/albums/x242 ... uetree.png); background-color:#000000; background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; text-align:justify;">
OOC: ©table code and image to jacoby: backdated to before Haku's dethroning?
Word count: 339. Worth 2 points

Hanna pulled Galilahi to a halt when she heard the coyote's cry. The equine's eyes rolled wildly; she was familiar with the sound in and of itself, what animal would not be living in the world they were, but to have it come forth on an unusual night in unfamiliar territory was almost more than the painted horse could take. She reared once, Hanna clinging to her back, hands roped in her mane, before standing still, ears flicking to and fro. Thus she was slightly more prepared for Kaena's appearance, and Hanna was able to keep her from spooking, between patting the silken neck and speaking soothing words to her in Low Speech. The horse relaxed, though her ears never showed perfect calm, and Hanna dismounted, letting the horse back off to a comfortable place.

Kaena had addressed her, and Hanna answered now. My reasons for being a part of Dahlia had nothing to do with Inferni or the war. I was there to apprentice my great-nephew, Conor, and then later to care for my niece, Mew, who was shot. As she has disappeared and the danger level has risen, both as product of the war and the weird turn we spoke of before in Haku, I decided it was time to leave. There is more than my own life to worry about now. At this, Désirée's head rose from the sling across Hanna's chest to pipe knowingly, I am Deh-zi-ray. We goin' home! Momma said so. The little merle head bobbed up and down.

As the pup had been seen now, Hanna plucked the girl from her sling and held her out to show Kaena with a bit of a shrug. This is my daughter, Désirée. One night... Jacquez from Cour des Miracles... She shrugged a bit more elaborately, as if to say, I couldn't help it, the man is quite the flirt. She's the main cause for my... shall we call it running away or just a tactical retreat? Anyway, Haku doesn't know.

Speak, think, act
Desi talks, Desi thinks

[/html]

Messages In This Thread