taking flight
[html]
http://i187.photobucket.com/albums/x242 ... uetree.png); background-color:#000000; background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; text-align:justify;">
OOC: ©table code and image to jacoby: la
Word count: 353. Worth 2 points

A small smile stole across the charcoal woman's face as Kaena relaxed. Her apology was met with a larger one, and a semi-verbal reassurance that Hanna was not offended, followed by more words that were relatively useless. 'Sokay. I would have been more upset had you not said something. I'm just glad it was you I met, and not one of your clan mates. You, I thought, would be more inclined to listen to me while the others... Her ears splayed away from each other; she did not know the rest of Inferni well enough to know what they would have done had they found her, smelling as she did.

The woman's brains nearly rattled as she nodded emphatically at her friend's words. She knew very well that nothing good would probably come of the situation in Dahlia de Mai, and was relatively sure that no one there would stand up for what was right. She would have herself, had she thought she might come out of it, but had she not, had she somehow fallen, there would be no saving Desi. Haku would have ripped her apart, and anyone who stood in his way. Hanna was nearly certain of that. She just could not risk it.

She made a little derisive noise in the back of her throat. Apparently not as smart as all that if I stayed this long. But yes, that was my way of thinking too. It is only a matter of time before Haku does something so vile that the others of Dahlia finally revolt, but as Solum, I could not chance paying the price for what the others might try and fail to do. Inexplicably casting her gaze to the earth, Hanna placed Desi back down into her sling, then picked up some of the earth and scrubbed it into her arms and legs, then swung the sling to her back to press slightly wet earth to her front, as well. She was not sure why she had not tried to deaden the scent of the pack before, but now it occurred to her to do so.

Speak, think, act
Desi talks, Desi thinks

[/html]

Messages In This Thread