How to save a life
[html]

table © Alaine
ooc: Well, I suck :V

His laugh caught her off guard. The giant yawning of those sharp ivory teeth, the baritone rumble of masculine humor, the genuine sparkle of amusement in what she had observed to be a rather stern face. Unsure of whether to be afraid, insulted or mollified, the young collie-woman settled with an obscure mixture of all three.

" Alright, just Jefferson, whatever you say." She muttered in return, watching him warily with her owlish emerald eyes. She didn't trust him enough to poke him with a long stick, but the older male intrigued the healer, and she didn't want to anger him. No matter how tranquil a stranger appeared, there was no way to tell for sure what was going on beneath their face, and Jefferson's face was by no means winning him any points in the trustworthy opinion.

It seemed that her questioning his arm struck a raw nerve. The male immediately withdrew emotionally, a grumble warning her of his change in mood. The healer's ivory fingers flickered over her medicine pouch much alike a cowboy waiting for the signal to draw. The dangerous vibes from this guy were strong, but for the time being, they didn't seem to sway in her direction. Listening to his tale in silence, the generally meek-natured lady flinched slightly at his cuss, but managed a nod.

" You'll excuse me for saying, Sir- Erm, Jefferson - but I imagine that if I saw you playing with my pup unannounced, I might feel likewise inclined." She stated bluntly, but softly, not a trace of goading in her lilting, accented tone. Peering at his rough bandage, soaked through with the rain, Alaine tucked a dripping auburn curl out of her face before asking: " What sort of treatment does your pack's healer give you for the pain? I don't mean to pry, but... Professional interest, you might call it."

Speak think walk

[/html]

Messages In This Thread