you got a chance to make it
[html]

The question was more than reasonable, but it wasn't something that she could answer without thinking. There were factors that went into this choice that she didn't really feel would be appropriate to give voice to. She couldn't very well say that she was the black sheep of the family because she didn't believe in violence and the clan was suffocating her. Rikka may not agree with some of the things the clan and her family did, but she wasn't going to paint them as a bunch of bloodthirsty coyotes. Even if she did believe that, which she didn't, she would never even say anything close to that in front of Gabriel. So the woman worked through how exactly to word her answer, hoping that her extended pause would not come off as rude or suspicious.

"Well, I'm a pacifist, and so being stuck in the middle of a war no matter how justified isn't exactly comfortable for me, nor pleasant." That seemed a perfectly acceptable and truthful answer in Rikka's head. "I love my family, but even when this war is finished conflict will undoubtedly follow Inferni. They don't wish for that, but it's a sad reality. My brother and I believe that I will be happier and safer here." She felt somewhat like she was talking in circles, but she was being as straightforward as the situation allowed. The problem was that it wasn't simple and she was doing her best at conveying the situation while keeping her family and the clan in a good light.

[/html]

Messages In This Thread