The Reflected Face (open)
[html]
http://i57.photobucket.com/albums/g210/ ... ntable.png); background-position: bottom center; background-repeat: no-repeat;">

Delwyn was at play, much as he was apt to do, running through the pleasant spring air. Today he wasn't playing any specific game or chasing anything, just running and exploring. At only four months old, he was already becoming very knowledgeable of the miles of land, forest and field around his cabin, and he always managed to make it back home just before his mother begins to panic. Today he was out at one of Phoenix Valley's lakes.

The snow-white puppy laughed merrily as he succesfully managed to pounce on his first fish. It got away, but that wasn't the point. It was the principle of the thing! As he emerged from the water, soaking wet, he saw another canine, staring intently at her reflection. She was a good distance off and was lost in her thoughts; she probably hadn't even noticed Delwyn yet. Carefully he padded towards her.

Sadness was an emotion that Delwyn had very little experience with, in himself or others, but he intuitively sensed it in the female he was approaching. Of course, the pup was also very outgoing, very trusting, and more than a little tactless, so he decided the best way to cheer up this complete stranger was to play with her.

"Hi!" he grinned from behind her, "I'm Delwyn! What's your name?" And without even pausing to take a breath he added, "Do you want to catch fish with me?"

[/html]

Messages In This Thread